Alcohol is detectable in the body between 1 and 12 hours of consumption - a factor that is largely dependent on the physical makeup of the person consuming the alcohol.
People who abuse alcohol are
- 10 times more likely to miss work
- Nearly four times as likely to have an accident at work
- Five times more likely to file a worker's comp claim
- Responsible for nearly 40% of all industrial fatalities
- 33% less productive than their sober co-workers
- More likely to have higher healthcare costs than those of their sober co-workers
Testing for alcohol in some industries is crucial in keeping the workforce safe. Liberty offers three different alcohol testing options:
Laboratory-based Testing: Can be conducted on both urine and blood specimens.
Oral Fluid: A non-invasive saliva test that provides highly accurate results instantly. It can be performed on site and meets federal requirements for alcohol testing (approved by the Department of Transportation).
Instant Breath Alcohol: Also available as a DOT compliant test, the Instant Breath Alcohol test is simple. Performed on-site, it measures alcohol levels from one deep breath. Results provided within two minutes.